Meyer Aluminium Blanks, Inc. is committed to customer satisfaction. To this end, any Meyer product which does not meet the customer’s stated requirements can be returned for full credit within six (6) months of the invoice date.
- The customer should immediately contact their customer service representative upon discovery of defective material. The customer will be asked to provide the Meyer tag number of the defective skid, the rejected quantity, and the date that the material will be available for pickup.
- The net weight of the returned quantity should be greater than or equal to 5 percent of the net weight of the original shipped quantity.
- All sheet orders must meet or exceed .250″ in total minimum thickness in order to be covered under Meyer’s claim policy.
- For corrective action purposes, the customer must provide a sample showing the effects of the defect, as well as at least one unformed sample for mechanical testing purposes.
- The customer will be expected to properly repackage the goods so as to avoid damage during the return shipment. If material is damaged during the return shipment because of improper packaging, the customer will be credited only for the scrap value of the material.
- The customer service/sales representative will contact the customer’s shipping representative to arrange for pickup of the rejected material on the date requested by the customer. Meyer will pay for the return freight expenses.
- Upon receipt of the rejected material, Meyer will weigh and inspect the material. The customer will be credited, at the original invoice price, for the actual returned quantity.
- If Meyer determines through testing that the returned material meets all related specifications as stated on the customer’s PO, a 10 percent restocking fee will be deducted from the credit.
- Standard open stock, non-defective items ordered in error or no longer needed due to unforeseen changes in customer usage may be returned within 6 months of purchase. Shipping will be paid by the customer and the items must arrive at Meyer undamaged. A 10 percent restocking fee will be deducted from the credit. Drop, surplus, contract, VMI and processed items cannot be returned.
- The customer will only be credited for the cost of material sold. Meyer rejects any claims for lost production time, freight, late shipments, lost business, etc.
- Meyer reserves the right to discontinue business with the customer for repeated claims over a product.
- Meyer takes pride in prompt resolutions to claims, and will endeavor to issue the credit within one week of the receipt of the returned material.